Sunday 9 February 2014

Black "Strat" Style Daion - Found On A Council Pickup!

I recently got this e-mail from a reader of the blog!


"Hi there,
I stumbled on your blog Daion Guitars Down Under and I was wondering if you may be able to help me identify an electric Daion guitar I recently found on council pick up here in Sydney.


It is in need of refurbishment and I can't seem to find a serial number or info on the model.

Thank you"


For those not familiar with the term "Council Pickup", in most city and suburban areas of Australia, at various time during the year the local council advertises that they will be doing a pickup, whereby people place items the do not want on the footpaths outside their houses, and the council sends around a garbage truck to pick it all up.

Hard to imagine why someone would throw out an obviously "not junk" guitar, but luckily an eagle eyed person spotted it and rescued it from sure destruction.

It looks to me to be one of the later Korean made Daion's, as it has in common with those models no other identification bar the Daion name on the headstock like Performer or Rockson MDL, has the painted headstock, and I dare say could be a ply and not solid body.

I could be wrong on the Korean thing so if anyone out there has any clues or info that would be great.

In any case, it looks to be not a bad score for nothing, and with a bit of spit and polish I'm sure it would come up and play a treat.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post.