Wednesday 4 December 2013

Left Handed Daion "Strat" suit Parts or Project on Ebay.com.au

Here we have a bit of a project or parts Daion "Strat" copy. Not marked as either a performer or Rockson but simply Daion on the headstock, this may point towards it being a Korean model?

No idea really, and in the current state it probably matter not a great deal, but for someone looking for a project or parts this might be of interest.

Personally I'd love the left handed maple neck for my Surf Green Rockson MDL project I still haven't finished, as I've always liked the left handed headstock on a right handed "Strat" look. I think I'd have to refinish the headstock back to plain wood, not a big fan of the black headstock myself.

Link, comments and pics below for this one.


http://www.ebay.com.au/Daion-Left-Handed-Strat-Copy-Suit-Parts-or-Project

Daion left handed "Srat" copy, I think it is made in the 70s or 80s, but I can't say for sure. Would suit parts, restore, or would make a great project.

Body has a few dings and scrapes, ( see pics ) has quite a nice neck, in good condition.


Has only one pickup, but the three covers are there, nicely aged. Knobs are there, and the 5 way switch, ( no knob ) pots are knackered. Has Grover tuners, but are worn.


Basically what you see in the pics is what you get. I am advertising this as parts or project, so bear that in mind.  Will post with the neck unbolted, as it's safer that way.

This is a good basis for making up a good guitar, as the build quality is far better then a lot of the garbage Strat copies on the market today.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post.