Saturday 14 December 2013

Rare Downunder Daion Power Mark XX in Wine Red on Ebay.com.au

This is a rarity in Australia and a really nice addition to the blog, a Wine Red Daion Power Mark XX.

I dare say anyone wanting one of these could do a lot worse than buy this one as they just don't come up very often, especially at what I would consider a very reasonable price in Australia.

Link, seller comments and pics below.

http://www.ebay.com.au/Daion-Power-Mark-XX

I bought this guitar around 1984/85 with the intention of learning to play. However this plan did not eventuate and this guitar spent most of its 28 years in its case in a cupboard. I have owned the guitar from new and is in excellent condition and has all its original components.

This guitar was Daion's top of the line model and its colour is called Wine Red. It has a 9 Peice Maple/Rosewood through body neck, the body is Maple and Ash, bound ebony finger board and Dual Humbuckers with tap. It also has Brass Nut, saddles and inlays (which with the through body neck is to enhance sustain.) and gold plated tuners.

Structurally clean and solid: Neck is straight with no noticeable fret wear. The Electronic work and sound great. The strings are quite old and need replacing.

Cosmetically the guitar is very clean with a few bumps and scratches on the back (see photos) with a near perfect front. Its if far above average for a Japanese guitar of this age. It does have an manufacturing fault in the neck where it looks like some of the Rosewood has been filled (refer to photos) I did not notice this until I had owned the guitar for many years. Please look at the photos carefully as they make up part of the description.

Regretfully after nearly 30 years or ownership circumstances dictate that my guitar  & I must part company.

Sale is for Cash on Pickup only.
 








 
 

1 comment:

  1. I know this is an old listing and most likely the guitar has been sold but if it hasn't I'm very interested. I live in the U.S. and I'm not sure how we could do the transaction but if a way could be found perhaps eBay? I would pay in advance through whatever means you are comfortable with. I'm a real person you can look me up telephone me whatever. These guitars are very difficult to find anywhere

    ReplyDelete

Comment on this post.