Sunday 23 June 2013

Daion 12 string D124 12-E Acoustic For Sale

Ok I give up, there's no way I can keep this blog to just Daion Electric Guitars, or even guitar and bass and mandolin, so here we have it, a Daion Acoustic.

I must admit, even though I have an acoustic (not a Daion) that I first started playing guitar on, I rarely play it as my girly hands and fingers find it hard work, which is one reason I will never be a great guitarist, I'm basically lazy.

Having said that, I love the sound of aa well played acoustic, and a well played 12-string is just in another league. So when I saw the 12-string Daion pop up I just had to include it. It is located in Hobart, Tasmania. Link and user comments below:

http://www.ebay.com.au/Daion-12-string

Korean made Daion 12 string, model D124 12-E. All mahogany dreadnought (not sure if laminate or solid). Fantastic sounding instrument with plenty of broad sparkling 12 string sounds.
 

The guitar cannot be dated by serial number but likely to be from the early 1980's.
There are minor scratches in the finish, and the blacking on the fretboard (which was either part of the factory finish or professionally done) has worn off through play, but overall this guitar is in very good condition. One tuning machine had a dent on its button that I filed smooth, and a couple of the bridge pins are not original. That's about it.
 

The guitar has an integral pickup located underneath the fretboard, Daion and a very few other guitar makers were the only ones to do this. Works and sounds fine though I never used this guitar plugged in.

Action is set extra low (personal preference): @2.0mm bass side and @1.8mm treble side at 12th fret (see photos). Though the neck is not baseball bat chunky it is wide and will suit a player with larger hands.


Of course after shipping (strings must be loosened) this guitar will need to be set up again to suit your playing style. The action can be raised if desired, as the saddle rides in an adjustable brass carrier (a common feature on guitars of this period).
The scale length is 25.7" (@650mm).
Frets in good condition and the neck is straight. See photos.
Bridge is completely sound, no bridge lift or bulging on the top. 









Note: This guitar sold.

Ended: 30 Jun, 2013 19:20:27 AEST
Winning bid: AU $199.001 bid ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post.