Tuesday 11 June 2013

Rockson MDL, Performer, and now, the SAVAGE

A few months had now gone by, and I'd been finding as much inf online as possible about these Daion guitars. As well as the Strat style, Ibanez and Flying V "copies", they also had their own range of uniquely styles instruments.

The first of these unique Daion's I saw come up locally was a Savage. I've mentioned before that I really do like the normal Strat looking guitars, no fuss, no interpretation, just true to the Leo Fender original, but these Savage's have a style of their own that I really like.

Unlike the $100-$200 Strat style Daion's, this one was packing an asking price of $800, which seeing what they go for overseas is probably not a bad price, but unfortunately at that point not in my budget. It was black in colour, with a quirky paisley pattern pick guard that when you tell someone about it, brings a grimace to the face, but for me, it kind of works.

The Savage to me is like a Fender/Gibson hybrid, more Strat in body style but with an interesting cut in the rear of the body, a Gibson style three-a-side headstock and twin humbucker style pickups, with the dual volume and tone controls and I assume three-way selector switch. The Daion name and logo was also pressed into the neck plate. It also came in the original case which is a good thing as well.

So far this is the only Savage I've seen up for sale in Australia so far, but I'm sure it's not the only one. When will the next one pop up?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post.