Tuesday 11 June 2013

First the Rockson MDL, now the Performer

So far the Daion electrics I'd seen were basically Strat copies, and were called Rockson MDL's. However the next one I came across had Daion Performer on the headstock, but was otherwise another Strat style guitar.

This one also featured the 8-screw pick guard, but had a maple neck with the skunk stripe truss rod insert down the back. The machine heads were not the vintage style with the slots in them like the other two I'd seen, the bridge featured vintage style presses steel saddles and not cast ones, and it featured a single round string tree instead of the pressed wiggly style ones, and the selector switch had a cylindrical knob on it, not the normal style.

All minor detail things, but it's interesting to note these things as it may become apparent over time how these things fit into the production dates, target markets etc.

This one was missing a machine head bushing and looked a bit knocked about, and I think it was interstate so I didn't have a bid on it. Again I think it went in the low $100 range in the end.

Now I had two versions to research and find for sale, the Rockson MDL, and the Performer!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post.