Tuesday 11 June 2013

It's a Performer Jim, But Not As We Know It!

Soon after learning of the Daion Performer, and then dutifully searching for more, I came across another Daion Performer, but this was not the typical Strat style like the others.

This one was in a lovely vintage cream colour, but the headstock was very much in the "Heavy Metal" style liked you'd see on a Jackson/Ibanez or simialr, the bridge was a "Floyd Rose" style unit, the bridge pickup was a Humbucker and it featured a single volume and tone control.

Not personally being into the Metal look, I wasn't interested in this guitar, but it did open my eyes to Daion making various styles, and I wondered what else might be out there waiting.








As well as the cream one, I spotted another "Metal" style Red Performer, pretty sure this one was over in Western Australia.



And then I saw it, another Performer, this time in the form of a Flying V! This thing was rough, missing parts, and again not really me, so no serious thoughts were given to attaining it, but it was interesting none the less and pointed to Daion being happy to make all manner or styles, as was common back in the late 70's era.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post.