Tuesday 11 June 2013

Post Purchase Daion's For Sale

After having been so impressed with my first Daion Rockson MDL, I began keeping an eye out for other Daion's for sale, and was somewhat surprised that they were not as rare and obscure as I had first thought. No, they aren't exactly in plague proporttions, but seeing as though I'd never heard of them, they were out there for all to see, if you happened to look.

The next Daion I came across was in a two for one deal on Ebay, both Strat style guitars, the other being a Torch branded version with matching colour headstock. The Daion was again a Rockson MDL, blue in colour, rosewood fret board, double string tree's, and looked to have the same style machine heads as my natural coloured one. It featured the vintage style 8-screw pick guard as opposed to the more normal 11-screw guard on my one, a point of difference worth noting I think.

As I'd just recently bought the first one, not having an endless budget, I did have a bit of a bid on the pair in the off chance they'd go really cheaply, but in the end the two of them sold for AU$169.19. Still a relative bargain I think, as from doing some research the Torch branded ones are not totally rubbish either, and like the Daion are genuinely old, from an era when the Japanese copies were generally ok.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post.